Thanks go to Charlie Niemeyer, host of the SUPERMAN IN THE BRONZE AGE PODCAST, for creating the SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK promo.
SUPERMAN 127, February 1959, was published around December 18, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three stories in this issue were reprinted in SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. II & SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I.
– WHEN THERE WAS NO CLARK KENT (9 pgs.) written by Jerry Coleman, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE MAKE-BELIEVE SUPERMAN (8 pgs.) written by Jerry Coleman, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
– TITANO THE SUPER APE (8 pgs.) written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN IN THE FIFTIES.
ACTION COMICS 249, February 1959, was published around December 30, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– The 13 page Superman story was titled THE KRYPTONITE MAN, written by Otto Binder and drawn by Al Plastino.
– Congo Bill starred in the six page second story of the issue: THE MAN APE’S MOUNTAIN MISSION, his second story as the unusual hero Congorilla, written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Howard Sherman.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the six page final story of the issue: THE GAMBLING ASTEROID, written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 34 titles carried the February or February/March 1959 cover date.
Next episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY/FEBRUARY 1956: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 80!
In 2 weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1959: ACTION COMICS 250!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.