SUPERMAN 136, April 1960, was published on February 4, 1960. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three stories in this issue were reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. II.
– THE MAN WHO MARRIED LOIS LANE (9 pgs.), written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE SECRET OF KRYPTONITE (AN UNTOLD TALE OF SUPERMAN WHEN HE WAS SUPERBOY) This 9 page story was the 8th “Untold” Superman story, written by Jerry Coleman and drawn by Al Plastino.
– THE SUPER CLOWN OF METROPOLIS (8 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel and drawn by Al Plastino.
ACTION COMICS 263, April 1960, was published around February 25, 2011. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
The 13 page Superman story in this issue was titled, THE WORLD OF BIZARROS, written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. II.
The Maid of Might’s 12 page story was titled SUPERGIRL’S DARKEST DAY, written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney. It was reprinted in SUPERGIRL ARCHIVES vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. I.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 29 titles carried the April or April/May 1960 cover date.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN 2011: YEAR IN REVIEW!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1957: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #19 & WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #87!
Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I’m drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each Saturday athttp://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.