SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 30, August 1958, was published around June 5, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three 8 page stories were reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. II.
– THE SON OF SUPERMAN, written by Otto Binder, pencilled b Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
– THE CUB WHO CRIED WOLF, written by Alvin Schwartz, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
– SUPERMAN’S GREATEST ENEMY, written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Ray Burnley.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, 35 titles carried the August or August/September 1958 cover date. Click on the link to explore the other DC titles this month. These books were covered at the end of Episode 168.
Next Episode: GIANT SUPERMAN ANNUAL 3!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1958: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 4, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 96 & SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 31!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I’m drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Tuesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!