WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 99, February 1959, was published around December 4, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– The 12 page Superman/Batman story was titled, BATMAN’S SUPER SPENDING SPREE, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Stan Kaye. This story has been reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVE vol. II and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
– Green Arrow starred in the six page story,CRIMES UNDER GLASS, written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Jack Kirby and inked by his wife, Roz Kirby.
– Tomahawk wrapped up the issue in the six page story, THE FRONTIER ROGUES GALLERY, drawn by Fred Ray.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 32 titles carried the February, or February/March 1959 cover date, thanks to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics at dcindexes.com. These titles were featured at the end of Episode 182.
Next Episode: MEGACON 2013 PREVIEW!
In 2 Weeks, after the MegaCon episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1962: SUPERMAN 150 & ACTION COMICS 284!
Check out SLIPSTREAM, the weekly web comic book I’m drawing and lettering, which is written by Jeffrey Taylor, co-host of the FROM CRISIS TO CRISIS PODCAST and contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE. New pages of SLIPSTREAM can be found each
Tuesday at http://www.clockworkcomics.co.uk. Adam Dechanel, another contributor to the SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE, also writes and draws E. O. S. for Clockwork Comics, and new pages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Clockwork Comics is the home website for amazing web comics and e-books!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!