Superman Annual #4!
Download Episode #267!
GIANT SUPERMAN ANNUAL 4, 1962, was published on November 9, 1961, during the same month as SUPERMAN 150 & ACTION COMICS 284, which were covered on Episode 264, during the week of April 3, 2013. This annual contained 80 pages for the cover price of a quarter. The editor was Mort Weisinger and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– A DOGHOUSE FOR SUPERMAN (10 pgs.), originally published in SUPERMAN 84, September/October 1953, released around July 3, 1953, written by William Woolfolk and drawn by Al Plastino.
– SUPERBOY MEETS SUPERMAN (8 pgs.), originally published in SUPERBOY 47, March 1956, released around January 5, 1956, written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Fischetti.
– THE ALIEN WHO CONQUERED SUPERMAN (12 pgs.), originally published in ACTION COMICS 165, February 1952, released around December 19, 1951, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE BRIDE OF FUTUREMAN (8 pgs.), originally published in SUPERMAN 121, May 1958, released around March 18, 1958, written by Jerry Coleman and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
– THE OUTLAWS FROM KRYPTON (12 pgs.), originally published in ACTION COMICS 194, July 1954, released on may 27, 1954, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE BOY WHO KILLED SUPERMAN (8 pgs.), originally published in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 28, April 1958, released around February 25, 1958, written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. II, and was first covered in Episode 239.
– RIP VAN SUPERMAN (8 pgs.), originally published in SUPERMAN 107, August 1956, released around June 14, 1956, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN: PAST AND FUTURE.
– THE ORIGIN AND POWERS OF THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (2 pgs.), pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. For an added bonus, google Fortress Lad.
– THE MENACE OF PLANET Z (12 pgs.), originally published in ACTION COMICS 168, May 1952, released around March 19, 1952, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
In this episode I also highlight the titles that caught my interest for FREE COMIC BOOK DAY, this Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Next Episode: FREE COMIC BOOK DAY & THE SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1962: SUPERMAN 151 & ACTION COMICS 285!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1959: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 35 & WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 100!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!