SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 35, March 1959, was published around January 1, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, featuring the third and final story. All three stories were written by Otto Binder, and have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. III.
– THE MENACE OF SUPERMAN’S FAN MAIL (9 pgs.), pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE ROBOT JIMMY OLSEN (8 pgs.), pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
– SUPERMAN’S ENEMY (9 pgs.), pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 100, March 1959, was published around January 15, 1959. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE DICTATOR OF KRYPTON CITY (12 pgs.), written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Dick Sprang and inked by Stan Kaye. This story has been reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVE vol. II and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
– Tomahawk starred in the 6 page story, MYSTERY OF THE VANISHING BOYS, drawn by Bob Brown.
– Green Arrow and Speedy starred in the 6 page story, THE CASE OF THE GREEN ERROR CLOWN, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1962: ACTION COMICS 286!
In 2 Weeks: METROPOLIS, HERE WE COME, a preview of the upcoming Superman Celebration.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of thefollowing:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!