SUPERMAN 158, January 1963, was published on November 8, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein, who were the art team for this issue’s 3-part story.
-SUPERMAN IN KANDOR (26 pgs.), was written by Edmond Hamilton. This story has been reprinted in, SUPERMAN: THE BOTTLE CITY OF KANDOR, SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. IV and SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 140, August/September 1971, published on June 3, 1971 and containing 64 pages for the cover price of 35¢. This back issue is where I first read this story.
– PART I: INVASION OF THE MYSTERY SUPER-MEN (9 pgs.)
– PART II: THE DYNAMIC DUO OF KANDOR (8 pgs.)
– PART III: THE CITY OF SUPER-PEOPLE (9 pgs.)
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features in this issue, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN ANNUAL 6!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1963 PART III: ACTION COMICS 296!
In 3 Weeks: MEGACON 2014 PREVIEW!
In 1 Month: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1960 PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 43!
In 5 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1960 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 108!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !