WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 107, February 1960, was published around December 3, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– The 13 page Superman/Batman story was titled SECRET OF THE TIME CREATURE, written by Bill Finger and pencilled by Dick Sprang. According to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Grand Comic Book Database, Sheldon Moldoff was the inker, while the Comic Book Database credits Charles Paris as the inker. This story has been reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVES vol. III and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I, which also credits Charles Paris as the inker.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the 6 page story, THE PLANETEER FILM STAR, written my Jack Miller and drawn by Jim Mooney.
– The 6 page Green Arrow story was titled THE MENACE OF THE MOLE MEN, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features found in this issue.
Elsewhere In DC Comics will be featured in Part II of the February or February/March 1960 Superman Family comic books next episode.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 15!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1963 PART I: SUPERMAN 158!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN ANNUAL 6!
In 1 Month: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1963 PART III: ACTION COMICS 296!
In 5 Weeks: MEGACON 2014 PREVIEW!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!