WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 108, March 1960, was published around January 14, 1960. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– The 12 page Superman/Batman story was titled THE STAR CREATURES, written by Jerry Coleman and pencilled by Dick Sprang. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Grand Comic Book Database credit Sheldon Moldoff as the inker, while the Comic Book Database.com lists Charles Paris as the inker. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I, which also credits Charles Paris as the inker.
Also highlighted in this episode are this issue’s ads and other features, including:
– Tommy Tomorrow, starring in the six page story titled, THE SORCERER FROM SPACE. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics credits Otto Binder as the writer, while the Grand Comic Book Database and the Comic Book Database.com do not list a writer for this story. Jim Mooney was the artist for this story.
– Green Arrow starred in the seven page story, THE CREATURE FROM THE CRATER, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 27 titles carried the March or March/April 1960 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, which were covered in Episode 208, for the week of Wednesday, December 27, 2011.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1963 PART I: SUPERMAN 159!
In 2 Weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1963 PART II: ACTION COMICS 297!
In 3 Weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1960 PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 16!
In 1 Month: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 44!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST group or page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast.
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com/.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!