ACTION COMICS 308, January 1964, was published on November 27, 1963 (one day before my Mother’s 25th birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– The story featuring the Man Of Steel was titled, SUPERMAN MEETS THE GOLIATH – HERCULES (14 pgs.), writer unknown, drawn by Al Plastino. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. IV.
– Supergirl starred in the 12 pg. story titled, THE SUPER-TOT FROM NOWHERE, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
This episode begins with MY PULL LIST segment, where I review the comic books published in April, which I received from the Discount Comic Book Service. I also list the May and June 2015 titles I received in later shipments, which will be reviewed during future episodes.
The next episodes will feature: THE SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1961: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 51 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 116!
Then we will return to the Superman titles with: THE SUPERMAN TITLES COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1964: PART I: SUPERMAN 167 & PART II: ACTION COMICS 309!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!