WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 116, March 1961, was published around January 17, 1961. It contained 32 pages, STILL for the cover price of a dime, which meant that it wouldn’t be for much longer. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan. Mike’s Amazing World Of Comics credited Sheldon Moldoff as the inker, while the Grand Comic Book Database listed John Forte as the inker, and the Comic Book Database gave the inker nod to George Klein.
– The 13 page Superman/Batman story was titled, THE CREATURE FROM BEYOND, written by Jerry Coleman and pencilled by Curt Swan. Mike’s Amazing World Of Comics and the Grand Comic Book Database list Stan Kaye as the inker, while the Comic Book Database credits George Klein.
– Tommy Tomorrow starred in the 7 page story titled, DATELINE: OUTER SPACE, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Jim Mooney.
– Green Arrow and Speedy were featured in the 6 page story titled, THE APE ARCHER, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Elsewhere in DC Comics 27 titles carried the March or March/April 1961 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of Comics. These issues were covered at the end of Episode 238, for the week of Wednesday, September 5, 2012.
Next Episodes will feature: THE SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1964; PART I: SUPERMAN 167 & PART II: ACTION COMICS 309!
Then we will return to: THE SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1961: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 24 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 52!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!