ACTION COMICS 310, March 1964, was published on January 30, 1964. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Sheldon Moldoff.
– SECRET OF KRYPTONITE SIX (13 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN 227, June/July 1970 (a 60-Page Giant for the cover price of a quarter), published on April 14 of that year, and BEST OF DC 36, May 1983, published on February 3 of that year.
– SUPERGIRL’S RIVAL PARENTS (13 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was also reprinted in ADVENTURE COMICS 416, March 1972, published on January 4 of that year, a 100 page Super-Spectacular with the cover price of 50¢, and in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 28 titles carried the March or March/April 1964 cover date.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1961 : PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 117 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 25!
Then we return to: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1964; PART I: SUPERMAN 168 & PART II: ACTION COMICS 311!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!