Download Episode 327 Part II!
SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 25, May 1961, was published on March 23, 1961. It contained 32 pages, STILL for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. It featured the issue’s first story. All three stories have been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. IV.
– LOIS LANE AND SUPERMAN, NEWLYWEDS (9 pages), written by Jerry Siegel, according to the Grand Comic Book Database, while Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database list the writer as unknown. This was Siegel’s 60th silver age Superman Family story, and his 102nd overall covered in this podcast so far. The artist was Kurt Schaffenberger.
– LOIS LANE’S DARKEST SECRET (8 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein, according to the Grand Comic Book Database. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database list the writer as unknown. Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist.
– THE THREE LIVES OF LOIS LANE (9 pgs.), writer unknown, was drawn by John Forte.
Also covered in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
The episode begins with MY PULL LIST review of the August 2015 comic books I received from the Discount Comic Book Service.
Next episodes will feature: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1964: PART I: SUPERMAN 168 & PART II: ACTION COMICS 311!
Then we will return to: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JUNE 1961: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 53 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 118!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!