Download Episode 328 Part II!
ACTION COMICS 311, April 1964, was published around February 27, 1964 (26 years before my son was born. I mistakenly said 30 years during the ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS segment). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Sheldon Moldoff.
– SUPERMAN, KING OF THE EARTH (13 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and the Comic Book Database credit Leo Dorfman as the author. This story was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein and lettered by Joe Letterese, and apparently has not been reprinted.
– Supergirl starred in the 13 page story titled, THE DAY SUPER-HORSE BECAME HUMAN, written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was reprinted in ADVENTURE COMICS 390, March/April 1970, published around January 13, 1970, a 64 page Giant for the cover price of a quarter, as well as SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERGIRL vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
The next episodes will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JUNE 1961: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 53 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 118!
Then we return to: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1964: SUPERMAN 169 & ACTION COMICS 312!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!