SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 54, July 1961, was published on May 18, 1961. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Forte. It featured the issue’s second of three stories. The Grand Comic Book Database notes that this cover was inspired by the December 1938 issue of THRILLING WONDER STORIES (just as the previous issue was inspired by the July 1940 issue of the same magazine).
– ELASTIC LAD’S WRESTLING MATCH (8 pgs.), written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Forte. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 111, June 1968, published on April 9, 1968.
– KING OF THE GIANT ANTS (9 pgs.), featured on the cover, was also written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 113, August/September 1968, published on June 11, 1968, an 80 Pg. Giant for the cover price of a quarter.
– BABY JIMMY OLSEN (10 pgs.), writer unknown, was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, but was never reprinted as of yet.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
During this episode I also mention the superhero related Christmas gifts I received and review the November 2015 comic books I received in the MY PULL LIST segment.
Next, for the last episode of 2015: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JUNE 1964: ACTION COMICS 313!
Beginning 2016: SUPERMAN 2015; THE YEAR IN REVIEW!
SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1961: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 119 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 26!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!