SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 55, September 1961, was published on July 6, 1961. It contained 32 pages, still for the cover price of only 10¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. It featured the issue’s third and final story.
– THE MONSTER THAT LOVED AQUA-JIMMY (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Grand Comic Book Database, while comicbookdatabase.com credits Robert Bernstein as the author. Al Plastino was the artist. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. I.
– JIMMY THE RED, THOR’S BEST PAL (8 pgs.), written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 112, July 1968, published on May 28, 1968.
– JIMMY OLSEN’S SECRET POWER (9 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 113, August/September 1968, published on June 11, 1968, an 80 Pg. Giant for the cover price of a quarter.
Also highlighted in this issue are the ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1961 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 120!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1961: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 28 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 56!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!