SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 29, November 1961, was published on September 21, 1961 (six days before my first birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. It featured the issue’s third and final story.
– LOIS LANE’S SECRET IDENTITY (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and comicbookdatabase.com credit Jerry Siegel. Since there is no agreement in regards to the writer credit, we won’t count this story towards Jerry Siegel’s silver age story production. The artist was John Forte, and the story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 86, September/October 1968, published on July 11, 1968. It was an 80 Pg. Giant for the cover price of a quarter.
– THE SCHOOL FOR SCOOPS (9 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and comicbookdb.com, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Robert Bernstein. The story was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye, and was reprinted in SUPERMAN: THE DAILY PLANET.
– THE IRRESISTIBLE LOIS LANE (9 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and comicbookdb.com credit Robert Bernstein. The story was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. It was also reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 141 (Mort Weisinger’s first issue as editor), November 1964, published on March 12, 1964. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12 cents. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN FAMILY 171, June/July 1975, published on March 11, 1975. It contained 64 pages for the cover price of 50 cents.
Also highlighted in this episode were the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column!
Next episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1961: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 57 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 122!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!