SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 32, April 1962, was published on February 13, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by John Forte and lettered by Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s third and final story.
– THE SILVER COIN OF FATE (10 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and Comic Book Database.com credits Robert Bernstein. The story was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, and was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 86. September/October 1968, published on July 11, 1969. It was an 80 Pg. Giant for 25¢.
– THE WIDOW IN BLACK (9 pgs.), writer unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and Comic Book Database.com credit Leo Dorfman. The story was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, and was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 95, September/October 1969, published on July 18, 1969. It was a 60 Pg. Giant for the cover price of 25¢.
– LOIS LANE’S REVENGE ON SUPERMAN (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and Comic Book Database.com list Jerry Siegel as the possible writer. Since there is some disagreement about the writer credit, we won’t count this story toward his silver age production. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN 212, December 1968, published on October 15, 1968. It was an 80 Pg. Giant for the cover price of 25¢.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1962 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 60!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1962: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 125 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 33!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!