(NOTE: Your ears are not tricking you. Yes, both parts of episode 341 have been released. What happened was that I missed this issue when researching the DC Superman Family comic books cover dated February 1962. So I had to backtrack and catch up on this “missing” issue. I could have just named this episode 342, but if you’re listening to this podcast you’re probably a comic book collector and like to keep your collection in order as much as I do. Next episode we’ll get back on track where we left off.)
SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 31, February 1962, was published on December 26, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp. It featured the second of this issue’s three stories.stein. Th
– THE JEALOUS LOIS LANE (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and Comic Book Database.com, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Robert Bernstein. The artist was Kurt Schaffenberger.
– THE UNFORGETTABLE SUPERMAN (9 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and Comic Book Database.com, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Robert Bernstein. Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist. This story has not been reprinted.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column!
The episode begins with the monthly MY PULL LIST segment, where I review my comic books cover dated April 2016, which I received from the Discount Comic Book Service.
Next Episode we get back on schedule with: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 32 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 60!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!