SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 60, April 1962, was published on February 23. 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by John Forte, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– SUPER-MITE (9 pgs.), was written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Al Plastino. This story has not been reprinted.
– THE GIRL WHO WAS LUCY LAN’E DOUBLE (9 pgs.), was written by Robert Bernstein, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 122, August/September 1969, published on June 19, 1969. It was a 64-Pg. Giant for the cover price of 25¢.
– THE FANTASTIC ARMY OF GENERAL OLSEN (9 pgs.), was written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story has not been reprinted.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
The episode begins with a brief tribute to the recently departed Darwyn Cooke, where I share my brief encounters with him at MegaCon.
If you are interested in the comic books that will by published in July, which I ordered from the May 2016 edition of PREVIEWS, listen to Previews Spotlight Episode 103 of the Comic Book Page Podcast.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1962: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 125 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 33!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!