WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 125, May 1962, was published on March 6, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney and inked by John Forte, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database. The Grand Comic Book Database credits penciller Dick Dillon and inker Sheldon Moldoff for the cover.
– THE HOSTAGES OF THE ISLAND OF DOOM (13 pgs.), was written by Jerry Coleman, pencilled by Jim Mooney and inked by Sheldon Moldoff, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits John Forte as the inker. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Green Arrow and Speedy starred in the six page story, THE MAN WHO DEFIED DEATH, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
– Aquaman and Aqualad starred in the seven page story, AQUAMAN’S SUPER-SIDEKICK, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. I.
Next Episode: We take a break from our regularly scheduled trip through the time barrier to explore the silver age adventures of Superman for: MEGACON 2016 PREVIEW!
After the MegaCon episodes, we resume our schedule with: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MAY 1962 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 33!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JUNE 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 61 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 126!
The Superman Fan Podcast is now available on Stitcher, for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!