WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 126, June 1962, was published on April 19, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database and the Comic Book Database.com credit Dick Dillon as the penciller. Sheldon Moldoff was the inker, and Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– Superman and Batman starred in the 13 page story, THE NEGATIVE SUPERMAN, written by Ed Herron, pencilled by Jim Mooney and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Aquaman and Aqualad were featured in the seven page story, AQUAMAN’S SUPER SEA CIRCUS, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Nick Cardy. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. I.
– Green Arrow and Speedy headlined the six page story, DUPE OF THE DECOY BANDITS, writer unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database lists the writer as possibly Dave Wood (?). Lee Elias was the artist, and this story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
This episode also highlights the ads and other features in this issue.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 34, PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 62 & PART III: GIANT LOIS LANE ANNUAL 1!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!