SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 35, August 1962, was published on June 26, 1962. It ncontained 32 pages for the cover pri ce of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, featuring the issue’s first of three stories. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– THE AMAZING BRAIN MACHINE (9 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database.com, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Leo Dorfman as the writer. Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 121, April 1972, published on February 22, 1972. It contained 48 pages for the cover price of 25¢.
– LOIS LANE’S OTHER LIFE (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel as the writer. Since there is some disagreement on the writer credit, we won’t count this story toward his silver age production.
– THE FANTASTIC WIGS OF MR. DUPRE (9 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Leo Dorfman as the writer. Kurt Schaffenberger was the artist. This story has been reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 103, August 1970, published on June 25, 1970. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 15¢.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 30 titles carried the August or August/September 1962 cover date. These titles were covered at the end of Episode 284 fir the week of October 9, 2013, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 63 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 128!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!