SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 63, September 1962, was published around July 3, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s first of three stories.
– THE LEAGUE OF FANTASTIC SUPERMEN (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This was the 68th silver age Jerry Siegel story we’ve covered, and his 113th overall for the era, on this podcast. The story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN FAMILY 169 (which continued the numbering of this title beginning with issue 164), February/March 1975, published on November 26, 1974.
– JIMMY OLSEN, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF (10 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story has been reprinted in BEST OF DC 6, July/August 1980, published on April 10, 1980. It contained 100 pages for 95¢.
– THE TOM THUMB JIMMY OLSEN (9 pgs.), writer unknown, drawn by John Forte.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
The episode begins with the monthly MY PULL LIST segment, this time reviewing the comic books carrying the September 2016 cover date, which were published in July 2016, that I received .from Discount Comic Book Service
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1962 PAT II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 128!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 36 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 64!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS,
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!