SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 36, October 1962, was published around August 9, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– THE DAY LOIS LANE VANISHED (9 pgs.), writer unknown, was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
– THE MADAM JEKYLL OF METROPOLIS (9 pgs.), writer unknown, was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 95, September/October 1969, published on July 8, 1969. It contained 64 pages for 25¢, and was a cover I remembered seeing in DC house ads at the time.
– LANA LANG’S ROMANCE WITH SUPERMAN III (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel. This story was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein, and was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 86, September/October 1968, on July 11, 1968. That issue contained 80 pages for the cover price of a quarter, and was another cover I saw in DC house ads of the time.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column. I begin the episode by revealing the comic books I received in my latest shipment from the Discount Comic Book Service.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1962 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 64!
– SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1962: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 129 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 37!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!