NOTE: While this episode is officially the 350th, it is the 463rd individual episode.
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 129, November 1962, was published on September 6, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and Comic Book Database, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Dick Dillon as the penciller. Sheldon Moldoff was the inker.
– The 13 page Superman/Batman story was titled, JOKER-LUTHOR INCORPORATED, written by Ed Herron, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Dave Wood as the writer. Jim Mooney was the penciller, and the inker was Sheldon Moldoff. This story was reprinted in DC SPECIAL 8, July/September 1970, published on May 21, 1970. it contained 64 pages for the cover price of a quarter. It was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II
– Aquaman and Aqualad starred in the seven page story titled, THE MENACE OF THE ALIEN FISH, writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Grand Comic Book Database, while the Comic Book Database credits Jack Miller as the writer, and the artist was Ramona Fradon. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. I.
– Green Arrow and Speedy were featured in the six page story, THE IRON ARCHER, written by Ed Herron, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Bob Haney as the writer. The artist was Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1962 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 37!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1962: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 65 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 130!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!