WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 130, December 1962, was published on October 25, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and the Comic Book Database, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Dick Dillon. Sheldon Moldoff was the inker and Ira Schnapp the letterer.
– Superman and Batman starred in the thirteen page story titled, RIDDLE OF THE FOUR PLANETS, written by Jerry Coleman and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 206, October/November 1971, published on August 5, 1971. It contained 64 pages for the cover price of a quarter. It was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Aquaman and Aqualad were featured in the seven page story, KING OF THE LAND BEASTS, writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database lists the writer as possibly (?) Bob Haney (?). The artist was Ramona Fradon. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. II.
– Green Arrow and Speedy were highlighted in the six page story titled, THE HUMAN SHARKS, writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database lists the writer as possibly (?) Bob Haney (?). The Comic Book Database lists the writer as Ed Herron. The artist was Lee Elias.
Also highlighted in this episode were this issue’s ads and other features.
Elsewhere in DC Comics 31 titles carried the December or December 1962/January 1963 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. They were covered at the end of Episode 293 for the week of Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 38 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 66!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!