SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 38, January 1963, was published on November 15, 1962 (which, five years later, would by my sister’s birthday). It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenber and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– THE INVISIBLE LOIS LANE (9 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel as the writer. Since there is some disagreement over the writer credit, we won’t count this story towards Jerry Siegel’s silver age production. The story was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– LOIS LANE’S SIGNAL WATCH (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Leo Dorfman as the writer. The artist was Kurt Schaffenberger.
– THE GIRL WHO REFUSED TO MARRY SUPERMAN (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Robert Bernstein as the writer. The artist was Kurt Schaffenberger.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 66!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1963: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 131 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 39!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!