WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 131, February 1963, was published on December 6, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was drawn by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits penciller Dick Dillon, inker Sheldon Moldoff and letterer Ira Schnapp. The Comic Book Database credits artists Sheldon Moldoff and Jim Mooney for the cover, without designating which one was the penciller and who was the inker.
– THE MYSTERY OF THE CRIMSON AVENGER (13 pgs.), written by Bill Finger and pencilled by Dick Sprang. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics credits Charles Paris as the inker, while the Grand Comic Book Database lists Sheldon Moldoff as the inker.
– The seven page Aquaman and Aqualad story was titled, THE MAN WHO CONTROLLED WATER, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Ramona Fradon. This story has been reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. II.
– Green Arrow and Speedy were featured in the six page story, A CURE FOR BILLY JONES, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS; GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 39!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 67 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 132!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!