SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 39, February 1963, was published around December 20, 1962. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and inked by Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s first of three stories.
– THE GIRL WHO HATED SUPERMAN (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel as the writer. Because there is some disagreement about the writer credit, we will not count this story towards Siegel’s silver age production. The artist was Kurt Schaffenberger. This was the 13th Imaginary Story covered on this podcast.
– LOIS LANE’S ROMANCE WITH CLARK KENT (9 pgs.), writer unknown, was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– THE KRYPTONIAN COURTSHIP (10 pgs.), writer unknown, was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 32 titles carried the February or February/March 1963 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. They were covered at the end of Episode 298 Part II, for the week of June 4, 2014.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 67 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 132!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!