WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 132, March 1963, was published on January 17, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Jim Mooney as the penciller and Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. Mooney and Moldoff are credited as the cover artists by the Comic Book Database but does not designate one as the penciller and the other as the inker.
– Superman and Batman starred in the thirteen page story titled, BATMAN AND ROBIN, MEDIEVAL BANDITS, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Jim Mooney and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Aquaman and Aqualad were featured in the seven page story, THE FISH IN THE IRON MASK, writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits the writer as possibly ? Dave Wood ?. Ramona Fradon was the artist, and the story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. II.
– Green Arrow and Speedy finished the issue in the six page story titled, THE GREEN ARROW DUMMY, maybe written by ? Ed Herron ? and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 27 titles carried the March or March/April 1963 cover date, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. They were covered at the end of Episode 300 for the week of August 6, 2014.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 40 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 68.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!