SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 40, April 1963, was published in February 14, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist for all three stories in this issue. This cover featured the issue’s first story. Ira Schnapp was the letterer on this cover.
– LOIS LANE, HAG (10 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Leo Dorfman as the writer. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 95, September/October 1969, published on July 8, 1969. It was a 64-Pg. Giant for the cover price of 25¢.
– LOIS LANE, FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT (8 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel as the writer. Since there is some disagreement about the writing credit, we won’t count this story toward Jerry Siegel’s silver age production.
Also highlighted in this issue are the ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
The episode begins with the monthly MY PULL LIST segment, where this time I review the comic books cover dated November 2016, which were published in September.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 68!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1963: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 133 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 41!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!