WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 133, May 1963, was published on March 7, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the story was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Dick Dillon as the penciller. Sheldon Moldoff was the inker. The Comic Book Database credits Dick Dillon and Sheldon Moldoff as the artists, without designating between penciller and inker.
– The thirteen page Superman/Batman story was titled THE BEAST OF THE SUPERNATURAL, written by Bill Finger. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics credits Jim Mooney as the artist, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits him as the penciller, and Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Aquaman and Aqualad were featured in the seven page story, AQUAMAN’S NEW PARTNER — AQUA-GIRL, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Ramona Fradon. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. II.
– The six page Green Arrow and Speedy story was titled, THE THING IN THE ARROWCAVE, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW VOL. I.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MAY 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 41!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JUNE 1963 PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 69 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 134!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!