SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 41, May 1963, was published on March 29, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger and lettered by Gaspar Saladino and Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s third and final story.
– THE DEVIL AND LOIS LANE (10 pgs.), writer unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and the Comic Book Database credit Leo Dorfman. The artist was Kurt Schaffenberger. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 86, September/October 1968, published on July 11, 1968. It was an 80-Pg. Giant with the cover price of a quarter.
– THE SUPER-SUITOR OF SOOMAR (8 pgs.), writer unknown, drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
– SUPERMAN’S ROMANCE WITH LANA LANE (8 pgs.), writer unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel as the writer. Since there is some disagreement about the writer credit, we won’t count this story toward Jerry’s silver age production.
Also highlighted in this episode are the ads and other features of this issue, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JUNE 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 69 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 134!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!