SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 69, June 1963, was published on April 4, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and possibly lettered by Joe Letterese. It featured the issue’s first of two stories.
– THE DYNAMIC DUO OF KANDOR (18 pgs., which was also the title of the nine page first part) was written by Edmond hamilton, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story was also reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 140, August/September 1971, published on January 3, 1971. It was a 64 Pg. Giant with the cover price of a quarter. It was also reprinted in SUPERMAN; THE BOTTLE CITY OF KANDOR.
– Part II: THE SUPER-SHOWDOWN IN KANDOR (9 pgs.)
– JIMMY OLSEN’S VIKING PRINCESS (8 pgs.), written by leo Dorfman and drawn by John Forte. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 122, August/September 1969, published on June 19, 1969. It was a 64-Pg. Giant for the cover price of 12¢.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JUNE 1963 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 134!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 42, PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 70 & PART III: GIANT LOIS LANE ANNUAL 2!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!