WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 134, June 1963, was published on April 18, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database and the Comic Book Database credit penciller Dick Dillon and inker Sheldon Moldoff. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– The fifteen page Superman/Batman story was titled, THE BAND OF SUPER-VILLAINS, written by Bill Finger and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol.. II.
– Green Arrow and Speedy starred in the ten page story, THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING INVENTORS, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 41, PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 70 & PART III: GIANT LOIS LANE ANNUAL 2!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!