SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 42, July 1963, was published on May 9, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger. It featured the issue’s third and final story, all three of which were also drawn by him.
– THE MONKEY’S PAW (7 pgs.), writer unknown according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jerry Siegel. Since there is some disagreement about the writer credit, we won’t count this towards his silver age production.
– THE ROMANCE OF SUPER BABY AND BABY LOIS (9 pgs.), writer unknown. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN IN THE SIXTIES and LOIS LANE: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JULY 1963: PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 70 & PART III: GIANT LOIS LANE ANNUAL 2!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED AUGUST 1963: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 135 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 43!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!