SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 71, September 1963, was published around July 3, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– THE PLOT AGAINST OLSEN (8 pgs.), writer unknown, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– JIMMY OLSEN MEETS CLEOPATRA (9 pgs.), writer unknown, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
– THE NINE LIVES OF JIMMY OLSEN (9 pgs.), written by Edmond Hamilton and drawn by John Forte. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN FAMILY 180, November 1976, published on August 19, 1976. That issue contained 48 pages for the cover price of 50¢.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
The episode begins with a comment made on the previous issue covered, and the monthly MY PULL LIST segment. This time I review the comic books cover dated February 2017, which I received in my monthly shipment from Discount Comic Book Service.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1963 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 136!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 44 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 72!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!