WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 136, September 1963, was published on July 18, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Jack Schiff, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney and inked by Jack Schiff, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Jim Moohney as the cover artist, while Comic Book Database.com lists Dick Dillon and Jim Mooney as the cover artists without designating who was the penciller and inker.
– THE BATMAN NOBODY REMEMBERED (15 pgs.), was written by Bill Finger. Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics and Comic Book Database.com credit Jim Mooney as the artist, while the Grand Comic Book Database lists the penciller as Jim Mooney and Sheldon Moldoff as the inker. This story was reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 188, October/November 1969, published on August 7, 1969. It contained 64 pages for the cover price of a quarter. It also appeared in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
– Green Arrow and Speedy starred in the ten page story titled, THE MAGICIAN BOSS OF THE INCAS, written by Ed Herron and drawn by Lee Elias. It also appeared in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN ARROW vol. I.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED OCTOBER 1963: PART I; SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 44 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 72!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!