MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 137, November 1963, was published around September 12, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database lists Dick Dillon as the penciller. Sheldon Moldoff was the inker and the letterer was Ira Schnapp.
– The two part, sixteen page Superman/Batman story was titled, SUPERMAN’S SECRET MASTER, written by Bill Finger and drawn by Jim Mooney. This story was also reprinted in, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 224, July/August 1974, published on April 16, 1974. It contained 100 pages for the cover price of 60¢. The story also appeared in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Aquaman and Aqualad starred in the nine page story, THE DAY AQUAMAN LOST HIS POWERS. The writer is unknown, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics, while the Grand Comic Book Database credits Jack Miller (?) as possibly the writer. This story was drawn by Ramona Fradon. It was reprinted in DC SPECIAL SERIES 23 (digest), February 1981, published on November 25, 1980. It contained 64 pages for the cover price of 75¢. This story was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1963 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 45!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED DECEMBER 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 73 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 138!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!
MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!