WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 139, February 1964, was published on December 12, 1963. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Jack Schiff was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Jim Mooney, according to Mike’s Amazing World Of DC Comics. The Grand Comic Book Database credits Dick Dillon as the penciller. Sheldon Moldoff was the inker and Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– The fifteen page Superman/Batman story was titled, THE GHOST OF BATMAN, written by Dave Wood, pencilled by Jim Mooney and inked by Sheldon Moldoff. This story was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II.
– Aquaman and Aqualad starred in the ten page story, THE DOOM HUNTERS, written by Jack Miller and drawn by Ramona Fradon. This story was reprinted in TEEN TITANS 35, September/October 1971, published on July 15, 1971. It was also reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AQUAMAN vol. II.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
At the beginning of the episode, during the MY PULL LIST, i review the June 2017 cover dated issues that were published in April 2017, which I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1964 PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 47!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1964: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 75 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 140! (This issue was Jack Schiff’s final issue as editor before Mort Weisinger took over.)
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!