SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 75, March 1964, was published around January 16, 1964. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. It featured the issue’s third and final story.
– THE MYSTERY OF CONVICT 313 (9 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by John Forte.
– THE VOYAGE OF THE MARY CELESTE II (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This was Siegel’s 77th Silver Age Superman Family story and his 122nd overall for the era.
– WHEN SUPERGIRL REPLACED JIMMY OLSEN (8 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN: DAILY PLANET. It was also Siegel’s 78th Silver Age Superman Family story, and his 123rd overall for the era.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features, including the JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
My condolences to Stan Lee and his family after the death of his beloved wife Joan, and to Ilya Salkind after the death of his son.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1964 PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 140! (This issue marks Jack Schiff’s last as editor, before Mort Weisinger brings the title into the Superman stable of titles.)
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1964: PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 48 & PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 76!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!