SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 83, March 1965, was published on January 14, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp. It featured the issue’s third and final story.
– (5:23) THE NOSTRADAMUS OF METROPOLIS (9 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by John Forte, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin.
– (25:58) THE GREAT MISS UNIVERSE CONTEST (7 pgs.), written by Sam Wolfe, pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin.
– (38:58) JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
– (47:19) JIMMY OLSEN’S CAPTIVE DOUBLE (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This was Siegel’s 85th Silver Age Superman Family story we’ve covered on this podcast, and his 137th overall for the era.
Also covered in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED MARCH 1965 PART II: ACTION COMICS 322 & PART III: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 148!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1965: SUPERMAN 176, PART II: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 56, PART III: ACTION COMICS 323 & PART IV: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 84!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and