SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 60, October 1965, was published on August 12, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist for all three eight page stories in this issue. Ira Schnapp was the letterer.
– (7:50) LOIS LANE’S GREATEST RIVAL, writer unknown. This story was subtitled A NEW IMAGINARY STORY, the 14th Imaginary Story we’ve covered for the podcast.
– (31:50) THE AMAZING HYDRO-GIRL, written by Otto Binder and lettered by Milt Snappin. This story was reprinted in SUPERMAN FAMILY 167, October/November 1974, released on July 25, 1974. This issue contained 100 pages for the cover price of 60¢.
– (48:00) LETTERS TO LOIS column.
– (54:48) GET LOST, SUPERMAN, also written by Otto Binder and lettered by Milt Snappin.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED OCTOBER 1965: PART IV: ACTION COMICS 329 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 88!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1965: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 153, PART II: SUPERMAN 181, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 61 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 330!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and