Download Episode 391 Part II!
SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 62, January 1966, was published on November 11, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist for the story.
– (3:25) I review HEROES & MONSTERS: THE UNOFFICIAL COMPANION TO THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN by Jess Nevins, published by Monkeybrain Books in 2003. For more information go to jessnevins.com.
– (6:26) Next I review NO GUTS NO GLORY: HOW TO MARKET YOURSELF IN COMICS by Beau Smith, published by Blue Line Pro.
– (7:31) MY PULL LIST segment, featuring the comic books which carried the August 2019 cover date that I received from Discount Comic Book Service, and were published during the month of June.
– (22:12) LOIS LANE’S ANTI-SUPERMAN CAMPAIGN (24 pgs. divided into three parts, Part I was 9 pgs), written by Leo Dorfman and lettered by Milt Snappin.
– (33:13) Part II: MR. MXYZPTLK’S ELECTION MAGIC (8 pgs.).
– (40:50) Part III: THE SUPER-ELECTION (7 pgs.).
– (1:10:18) LETTERS TO LOIS column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode:SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1966: PART III: SUPERMAN 183 (80 Pg. Giant), PART IV: ACTION COMICS 332 & PART V: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 90 (including ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS cover dated January 1966)!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1966: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 156, PART II: SUPERMAN 184, PART III: ACTION COMICS 333 & PART IV: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 63!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and