SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 64, April 1966, was released on February 10, 1966. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, who was also the artist for both stories in this issue.
– (4:43) Review of MARVELOCITY: THE MARVEL COMICS ART OF ALEX ROSS (312 pgs.), designed by Chip Kidd, photography by Geoff Spear, and an introduction by J. J. Abrams.
– (6:33) MY PULL LIST segment reviewing the June 2020 cover dated comic books that were released during the month of April 2020, which I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
– (16:32) THE LAWLESS LOIS LANE (16 pgs., Part I is 8 pgs.), written by Jerry Siegel and lettered by Ira Schnapp. This was Siegel’s 98th silver age Superman Family story we’ve covered in this podcast, and his 156th overall for the era. The story also carried the subtitle, AN IMAGINARY STORY, and is the 24th such story we’ve covered on the podcast.
– (25:37) DIRECT CURRENTS checklist, featuring some of the DC Comics titles that were published during the month of February 1966.
– (30:33) Part II: THE COURTSHIP OF LOIS AND LEXO (8 pgs.).
– (1:04:00) LETTERS TO LOIS AND LANA column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED APRIL 1966: PART III: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 92 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 336!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1966: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 157, PART II: SUPERMAN 185, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 65 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 337!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher, Amazon and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there.