NOTE: For the next two months, the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST will be on a bi-weekly schedule.
It’s a brand new year, which means it’s time for our annual YEAR IN REVIEW episode for the SUPERMAN titles I read in 2016. This is not a review of the entire line of SUPERMAN titles published by DC Comics last year, only the ones I followed. The issues covered in this episode were all published during the calendar year of 2016, carrying the cover dates of March 2016 through February 2017. I did not go by cover date. Time stamps are listed in parentheses for each segment.
– (7:34) New 52 Superman: ACTION COMICS 48 – 52 and SUPERMAN 48 – 52, March – July 2016 cover dates.
– (20:37) SUPERMAN: LOIS & CLARK issues 4 – 8, March – July 2016 cover dates.
– (30:41) SUPERMAN: COMING OF THE SUPERMEN, a six issue mini-series, cover date May – September 2016. NOTE: During the episode I mistakenly referred to this mini-series as SUPERMAN: RISE OF THE SUPERMEN.
– (38:32) DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH (one shot), cover date July 2016.
– (44:50) SUPERMAN REBIRTH 1 (one shot), cover date August 2016 and ACTION COMICS, issues 957 – 970, cover dates August 2016 – February 2017. NOTE: with the REBIRTH issues, ACTION COMICS returned to its original numbering.
– (55:27) SUPERMAN 1 – 13 cover dates August 2016 – February 2017. NOTE: with the REBIRTH issues, SUPERMAN began with a new number one issue.
– (1:09:13) SUPERWOMAN 1 – 5, cover dates October 2016 – February 2017.
– (1:15:05) I reveal my favorite issues and stories from 2016.
The next episode of the podcast will be released the week of Wednesday, February 15, 2017 featuring: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED SEPTEMBER 1963: PART I: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 71 & PART II: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 136!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive and Stitcher.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK!
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there!