WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 157, May 1966, was published on March 10, 1966. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– (2:29) Review of INVINCIBLE, the new animated series on Amazon Prime Video. It is rated for MATURE audiences for language and graphic violence.
– (10:16) THE ABOMINABLE BRATS (17 pages divided into two parts. Part I was 8 pgs. long), written by Edmond Hamilton and pencilled by Curt Swan. Part I was inked by George Klein. This story was reprinted in, SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. II and BATMAN & SUPERMAN IN WORLD’S FINEST: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS.
– (23:01) PART II: THE COSTUMED KIDS’ CAPERS (9 pgs.), inked by Sheldon Moldoff.
– (41:18) CAPE AND COWL COMMENTS letter column, which was two pages long in this issue.
– (56:19) THE SECRET OF CELL SIXTEEN (6 pgs.), written by Jack Miller, pencilled by Howard Purcell, inked by Charles Paris, and lettered by Pat Gordon. This was the sixth EDITOR’S ROUND TABLE reprint, originally published as the third of four stories in TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED 1, February/March 1956, released around December 15, 1955.
– (58:21) DIRECT CURRENTS, the fourth checklist of DC Comics titles that were published in late March or early April 1966.
– (1:03:44) MY PULL LIST, review of the comic books that carried the cover date of December 2020, released in October, which I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1966: PART II: SUPERMAN 186, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 65, & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 337 (with ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS, featuring the other DC titles which carried the May or May/June 1966 cover date).
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher, Amazon and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there.