SUPERMAN 131, August 1959, was published on June 18, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was drawn by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All 3 stories were reprinted in SUPERMAN; THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. II and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I.
– THE MENACE OF Mr. MXYZPTLK (9 pgs.), written by Jerry Coleman and drawn by Al Plastino.
– SUPERMAN’S FUTURE WIFE (8 pgs.), written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
– THE UNKNOWN SUPER DEEDS (8 pgs.), written by Otto Binder and drawn by Al Plastino.
ACTION COMICS 255, August 1959, was published on June 30, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger, and the cover was drawn by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
– THE BRIDE OF BIZARRO (12 pgs.) was written by Otto Binder and drawn by Al Plastino. It was reprinted in SUPERMAN IN THE FIFTIES and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I.
– THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN (6 pgs.) starred Congo Bill in his 7th appearance as Congorilla, written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Howard Sherman.
– SUPERGIRL VISITS THE 21ST CENTURY (7 pgs.), was written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney.
The first episode of SUPERGIRL’S COSMIC ADVENTURES is now scheduled to be posted around September 5, 2011, at http://supergirlpodcast.blogspot.com/ . You can subscribe to it on iTunes, and follow the podcast on twitter @sgirlpodcast.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 34 titles carried the August or August/September 1959 cover date.
Also, EPISODE 112: SUPERMAN AND THE FIERY CROSS, for the week of Wednesday, February 17, 2011, is updated. Stetson Kennedy, who infiltrated the KKK, and whose information was used for the Superman radio show story titled CLAN OF THE FIERY CROSS, passed away on Saturday, August 27, 2011.
If you know the original publication information for a Superman story involving his alien zoo at his Fortress of Solitude, reprinted in the 1970 SUPERMAN BUMPER BOOK, a UK Superman hardcover anthology, post it in comments or through the contact information below.
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast. Thanks to Eric Manix, Steve Rogers, J. David Weder and Michael Bradley for joining the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST facebook group!
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! – http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
– The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
– The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.