SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 92, April 1966, was published on February 22, 1966. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by Sheldon Moldoff, and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
– (5:08) After sharing a comment from last episode by Halk-Kar, I review the book, DC COMICS BEFORE SUPERMAN: MAJOR MALCOLM WHEELER-NICHOLSON’S PULP COMICS, written by his Granddaughter, Nicky Wheeler-Nocholson, published by Hermes Press in 2018. It is 256 pages long.
– (7:07) MY PULL LIST, where I review the comic books that carried the August 2020 cover date and were released during the month of June, that I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
– (16:42) THE MAN FROM S.C.A.R. (18 pgs., divided into two 9 pg. parts), written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Pete Costanza.
– (27:01) DIRECT CURRENTS, the second checklist of other upcoming DC Comics titles we’ve covered in this podcast.
– (32:37) Part II: THE FIRE MAN FROM PYRON
– (52:19) JIMMY OLSEN’S JOURNEY TO NOWHERE (7 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman and drawn by Jim Mooney. The Grand Comic Book Database has a note about this story. It was originally an eight page story cut down to seven. Also, it was an adaption of a Tommy Tomorrow story with a similar plot published in ACTION COMICS 246, November 1958, written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney. We originally covered this issue back in Episode 176, for the week of April 28, 2011.
– (1:04:00) JIMMY OLSEN’S PEN PALS letter column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue’s ads and other features.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED APRIL 1966: PART IV: ACTION COMICS 336 with the next ELSEWHERE IN DC COMICS segment, where we look at the othe titles DC Comics published with the April 1966 cover date.
The following episode: SUPERMAN: 2020 YEAR IN REVIEW!
Then we will cover: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1966: PART I: WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 157, PART II: SUPERMAN 186, PART III: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 65 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 337!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher, Amazon and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
– The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and
– The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com. “Plans in Motion” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don’t forget to take care of each other out there.